Could you imagine that 92% of employees believe that having effective tools at their disposal doesn’t only improve their efficiency but also their work satisfaction? Maybe that’s why you love our blogs with tool selections so much, whether those are for email tracking or AI-based image editing. Yet, today is the turn of the SEO off-page tools.
Off-page SEO services are essential to improve your rankings in search results because it’s hard to imagine how you can do all those tasks manually. And for what? If there are so many great software to help you out. But the main question is, how do you choose the most efficient tools that cover all your particular needs and allow you to achieve the best results? This is exactly what you’ll learn today after reading this blog.
Off-Page SEO: A Quick Recap
If you’re an SEO pro, you might simply skip this section and move right to the off-page SEO tool compilation. Otherwise, let’s quickly recap why this part of search engine optimization is so important for any company with an online presence.
What Is Off-Page SEO?
Next to on-page and technical search engine optimization, off-page SEO is one of the essential elements of any strategy aimed at improving the search engine rankings of a page. It is one of the defining factors that determine a website’s authority.
What Are the Components of Off-Page SEO?
Off-page SEO combines many aspects, from PR to listings. Still, the most relevant part of it is link building. Even if you are far from being an SEO expert, you’ve heard a lot about backlinks. Why? Simply because their number and quality signal to Google if a page is trustworthy and reputable. Yet, getting them isn’t an easy task. That’s why even the most popular companies use link building services [trusted by 300+ brands and agencies] to get some help and improve their backlink profiles.
How Effective is This Tactic?
Depending on who you talk to, you will hear that link building is the second or the third most important ranking factor for Google. No matter what the exact position is, everyone would agree that backlinks are definitely in the top 5 indicators of the page’s trustworthiness. And the data proves it. The first page in search results, on average, has almost 4x backlinks than the other websites in the top 10.
Can You Ignore Off-Page SEO?
Well, in theory, you can do anything, but if you want to achieve outstanding results, it is very unlikely that you will manage to ignore off-page SEO. The thing is that Google considers a variety of indicators before ranking any page. One of the factors it pays great attention to is ‘reputation research,’ including the patterns of how you link to websites and how they link to you.
5 Best Off-Page SEO Tools to Improve Your Efficiency
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s move straight to the software that can help you boost your off-page SEO score. Here is a little summary of the tools we’ll review today:
| || |
| || |
Paid versions from $24/month to $999/month
| || |
| || |
| || |
Even though in this selection, we won’t talk about the well-known giants of the industry, such as Ahrefs, Semrush, Moz, etc., not mentioning the Google-native tool would be odd. It is free and informative, so in case you’re not using it (which we doubt), it’s time to start doing that. What can you do with Google Analytics?
- Get a visualized collection of data from your website. This includes user behavior, conversion rates, audience analysis, and real-time stats. The diversity of data allows you to use Google Analytics for many advertising and marketing activities.
- Analyze your funnel. This functionality is vital for every niche engaging in marketing campaigns. Still, it is even more essential for e-commerce to understand why some of your potential clients never get to the checkout. Google Analytics can also help you track how your off-page SEO tactics work, the most popular of which is link-building.
- Managing your tags. Google Tag Manager is especially useful when you do any Google Ads campaigns or want to get a more detailed overview of where your visitors come from.
- Identify anomalies. One of the crucial parts of any SEO expert’s work is tracking if something is going wrong. Maybe some of your pages get a sudden drop or increase in visits without any logical reason for that. This might be a sign that something is off. Then, your next task will be to define whether it’s a new Google update, a penalty, or maybe even a cybersecurity issue.
In the end, whatever off-page SEO services you are using, Google Analytics will help you track your efforts and adjust your strategies.
Source: BuzzStream interface
BuzzStream creators position their product as an outreach platform, which is essential to improve your off-page SEO score. This is a pretty comprehensive software that covers three main groups of tasks:
- PR. You can get much help with your press releases and create a list of relevant bloggers and journalists to pursue your public relations activities. Besides, you can see not only your full conversations with the prospects but also their recent social media posts and other activities.
- Link management. This SEO off-page tool can assist you in finding potential bloggers and journalists for collaboration, reaching out to them, and managing the overall link-building process flow.
- Content promotion. BuzzStream allows you to pitch your content to relevant influencers easier and faster. You can also see the metrics of each prospect to check if they have an appropriate audience for your campaign.
Source: Contentbird interface
Of course, if we talk about enhancing your off-page SEO score, it would be nearly impossible to skip the content quality. Everyone always talks about its importance, and it really isn’t one of those buzz things you have to ignore. This is one of the foundational aspects of making your website more SEO-friendly.
Contentbird is the off-page SEO service that can help you improve your content marketing process at every stage, from strategy, research, and planning to creation, distribution, and analysis. When you have such a complete approach to the texts you craft, you will have better results in all your activities, including guest blogging, PR, and link-building.
Source: SEOquake extension in the Chrome Web Store
The next SEO off-page tool on our list is a Google Chrome extension called SEOquake. The best part of this particular solution is that you can do many daily SEO tasks on the go. This software has a straightforward interface with a bar that gives you instant information about any site you need and a dashboard with more extensive data. By using SEOquake, you can speed up the following processes:
- SEO analysis. You can see all the main metrics of any page quickly using only your browser. This is helpful to make a preliminary analysis of whether a page will be useful for your guest posting campaigns.
- Examine URLs. Whether it is an internal or external link, you can analyze it, including the anchor, its types, etc.
- SEO audit. Doing audits is crucial for any website. Here, you can perform it in real-time to find any optimization issues instantly.
- Compare domains and links. It is important to see how you are doing compared to your competitors. That’s why you can use this off-page SEO tool to understand what can be improved. After, you can extract the adjustable report for any further needs.
Disavow is another tool from Google that helps you deactivate some of your inbound links. Look, all of us sometimes make mistakes, especially when experimenting to find a perfect approach. If, at some point, you end up getting spammy links from link farms, you can fix it to avoid any damage. And Disavow will help you do that.
What this off-page SEO tool does is allow you to remove any links that you find unnecessary, irrelevant, or maybe even potentially harmful. You can also use this service when you’ve got a manual action (penalty) for some of the links. In any case, you should upload a list of pages or domains you want to disavow and wait until Google recrawls the web. This will notify the search engine that you don’t want its crawlers to consider the selected backlinks when determining your rankings. The process is pretty straightforward, but if you need any guidance, you can find it directly from Google.
So, these were some of our favorite off-page SEO tools. In case you want to go further than that, check our previous selection of free search engine optimization software that can help you improve your website’s authority beyond the off-page tactics.