A well-managed business stands on its customer base, and well-organized knowledge management is the critical point there. The more you organize your knowledge, data, or information, the better you can analyze it. As a result, a reliable customer support platform will appear.
In the old days, manufacturers used giant manuals to ship products. It was an old bulky manual system. But for a vast customer base, a manual process may not scale with it. Things have changed, as well as the product and customer management system. Now we have plenty of Knowledge Management Software as a help desk knowledge base.
What is a Knowledge Management Software?
Let me ask you first what knowledge management is actually. Any guess? Okay, let me help you.
Knowledge Management is a much more innovative, trendy database for knowledge sharing and management. Simply it is a platform that contains a knowledge base, guiding instructions, and product or service documentation. Users can find answers to common questions by typing a few words about the product.
What is Knowledge Management Software, then? It is a tool that acts as a central repository for all data, information, and knowledge and helps to organize all the company's knowledge in one place. Knowledge management software organizes information so employees and customers can quickly access and distribute it.
Why Do You Need a Knowledge Management Software?
A survey says that 51% of customers prefer to support through an online Knowledge Management. Why not? Knowledge Management systems are a great solution with convenient self-help service to users. More importantly, it helps save businesses lots of resources otherwise spent answering common user questions.
Knowledge Management software helps:
- Storage and retrieval of knowledge
- Boost in SEO to rank well on Google
- Improves teamwork & collaboration
- Streamlines flow of data
- Aggregates organizational content
- Saves time and resources
- Improves the quality of customer service
Essential Features of a Knowledge Management Software
What are the Essential Features of a Knowledge Management Software? It's important to know what kind of features to include in your Knowledge Management and how to get more from it. Let's see then,
- Convenient text editor: The convenient text editor is enriched with the ability to insert images, videos, and code samples and mark essential parts with special notes.
- Manageable categories: A simple archive and categorization system help keep the entire Knowledge Management organized and help avoid getting lost while updating and adding new content.
- Reports: You can track how your articles perform; therefore, many Knowledge Management tools offer additional reports on all searches, articles with 0 views, etc.
- Search function: One of the main features of an adequate Knowledge Management is a useful search function. Users can search for articles and guides on your Knowledge Management to find solutions.
- Customization options: You can easily customize your Knowledge Management with your brand colors, logo, header images, links, CSS, and even your custom domain and make it look like an integral part of your website.
- SEO settings: Your content should be found in Google easily, right? The ability to specify title tags, meta descriptions, and target keywords is a must needed feature by Knowledge Management.
- A user feedback system: Another great way to improve your Knowledge Management is to get feedback from users. It can be a simple thumbs-up.
- Analytics & reports: Keep improving your Knowledge Management and create more helpful guides with analytics. You can also learn which Knowledge Management posts perform better and which creates more bounces for you.
Benefits of Effective Knowledge Management Software?
- 24/7 Service: 67% of customers prefer to use the company's FAQs, and Knowledge Management makes sure that with 24/7 service.
- Less workload for customer support: Just think of it, If customers can find solutions on their own, that your team's workload reduces a lot.
- Swift customer support: Support agents can use Knowledge Management articles in response to common questions.
- All information in one place: Usually, Knowledge Management contains all information in one place and keeps everyone on the same page about your product/services.
- Additional organic visits: Knowledge Management can bring you some high intent organic traffic and help to rank on Google.
- Customer support automation: You can use Knowledge Management smart suggestions to automatically answer your customers' questions on the go.
How to Choose the Right Knowledge Management Software?
- Style of Support: The first important thing is the style of support. Choosing the form of self-service you want to provide your customers is crucial. You have to know what your customers prefer to reach you and what sort of customizable solution is needed.
- Usability: An excellent cloud-powered Knowledge Management software should have an intuitive UI and at least a free trial for trying it. Check what you need and choose the right Knowledge Management software according to the usability of that particular software.
- Price: Finally, the pricing. Before purchasing, compare features, and then decide which Knowledge Management software will help you deliver an excellent self-service experience. Do not judge by higher pricing or complicated UI.
Best Knowledge Management Software
It's time to see the best knowledge management software available in the market. Here is the list below of 7 of them. Let's see.
LiveAgent is a simple but powerful alternative to Zendesk for receiving and handling customer requests from different channels. For small and mid-sized companies, it is a perfect environment with the possibility of automation and customization to provide a better customer experience.
The tool uses advanced automation rules to capture customer queries from emails, live chats, social media, phone calls, and other channels. It's a classic ticketing system, but an all-in-one solution for companies that provide live chat via a website and social media channels and create Knowledge Management for their customers.
Features of LiveAgent
- Help center, Suggestions, and Hybrid tickets
- Automatic call routing
- Email notifications
- Departments, tags, and filters
- Automatic ticket distribution
- Real-time visitor monitoring
- Time & event-based automation rules
- Drag-and-drop file attachments
- Feedback management
- Live chat and Custom ticket fields
|Pros of LiveAgent||Cons of LiveAgent|
Pricing of LiveAgent
Ticket: $15 per month
Ticket+Chat: $29 per month
All-inclusive: $39 per month
Helpjuice is a prevalent Knowledge Management software with a very beginner-friendly knowledge management system. With both internal and external Knowledge Management, you can also self-host Helpjuice on your own server. The cloud-based Knowledge Management system is modern and intuitive, as well.
HelpJuice is an undeniable leader in knowledge management products by providing the cheapest subscription plan. They even offer free customization to set up your Knowledge Management fast and easily with the best customer support service.
Features of Helpjuice
- Set user permissions
- Tags & keywords & Track activity
- Self-service portal
- Collaboration with Content library
- Custom branding
- Document management
- Intelligent instant search
- Visual analytics
- Content repository
- Data management
- Document tagging
- Customization tools
- Knowledge Management
- Advanced analytics
|Pros of Helpjuice||Cons of Helpjuice|
Pricing of Helpjuice
Starter: $120 up to 4 Users, per month
Run-Up: $200 up to 16 Users, per month
Premium Limited: $289 up to 60 Users, per month
Premium Unlimited: $499 Unlimited user, per month
Document360 is a powerful knowledge management software providing world-class authoring experience and easy to get started with an intuitive knowledge base portal. You can move on to creating content right away and make it a private or public knowledge base. It offers a seamless migration process of automatic import with expert, personal guidance.
Document360 is the market leader in the knowledge management segment which has a highly user-friendly setup procedure and can be customized to meet the needs of small to large scale enterprises. Their prominent customers include McDonald's, Stackify, Harvard University, Porsche, and more.
Features of Document360
- Markdown WYSIWYG editor
- Peer Review & Publish
- Category Manager
- Versioning & Rollback
- Internal Commenting
- Backup and Restore
- Custom Domain Mapping
- Knowledgebase on Cloud
- AI-Powered Search
- Advanced Analytics
- Integration with third-party applications
- Advanced interface customization
- File Manager
- Export to PDF
|Pros of Document360||Cons of Document360|
Pricing of Document360
Startup: $99 per month with 2 team account
Business: $299 per month with 5 team account
Enterprise: $499 per month with 10 team account
Hiver is a multi-channel customer service platform that enhances your Gmail to provide stellar service through channels like email, live chat, and a knowledge base. The knowledge base feature in Hiver allows you to create and edit help articles with extreme ease.
It offers ticket submission options where customers can file support tickets in case of unanswered queries. Apart from this, you can organize your articles under specific categories and customize your knowledge base to align it with your brand.
Features of Hiver
- Intuitive interface
- Easy to use
- Category creation
- Brand customization
- Ticket submission
- Custom domain
- SSL certification
- Integration with third-party apps
- Search bar
Pros of Hiver
Cons of Hiver
Pricing of Hiver
- Free trial for 7 days
- Lite: $15 per user/mo
- Pro: $39 per user/mo
- Elite: $59 per user/mo
Acquire is a multi-channel customer communication platform and one of the best Knowledge Management software of now. With the aim to provide personalized and targeted conversations, Acquire helps to build secure communication and relations with the client.
Features like co-browsing, voice call, text chat with screen sharing, and live video chat features on your website Acquire provides multiple implementation options, including onboarding and sales. You can call it the best business program by costing, skill competence for staff members, and especially for any company size.
Features of Acquire
- Co-browsing software
- Extensions and plug-ins
- Instant file sharing
- Live call recording
- Live text chat
- Live video assistance
- Live voice call
- Screen sharing
- Speech to text
- Statistics and analytics
|Pros of Acquire||Cons of Acquire|
Pricing of Acquire
Starting from: $40 per agent per month.
Pricing model: Subscription. Enterprise pricing is available on request.
Help Scout is a relatively smaller free Knowledge Management software solution that is super-accessible and effortless to set up. It is used by many freelancers and small businesses and is widely considered to be one of the best helpdesk software for small businesses.
Trusted by 9,000 businesses in over 140 countries, Help Scout is a wonderful asset for small to large teams. By doing away with automated emails and ticket numbers, Help scout provides the most robust notification systems to date. Also, It doesn't use a conventional UI, and so the tool is straightforward to use and super fast at the same time.
Features of Helpscout
- Looks like a normal email
- Easy to use, no training manual required
- Customer satisfaction ratings
- Outstanding support, no matter plan
- Integrated Knowledge Management
- 40+ integrations with 3rd party apps
- Real-time, best in class reporting
- True multi-brand support
- Auto-populated, editable customer profiles
- Collision detection
- Track and record phone calls
- 75+ keyboard shortcuts
- Email integration - update conversations from inbox
- Help Desk, reports, and Docs API
|Pros of Helpscout||Cons of Helpscout|
Pricing of Helpscout
Blossom: $15 per month, billed annually
Garden: $35 per month, billed annually
Estate: $49 per month, billed annually
Forest: $99 per month, billed annually
ProProfs Knowledge Management is a powerful free Knowledge Management software with unique features, smart settings, and robust integrations. When it comes to creating online Knowledge Management, documentation, help sites, and FAQs, the ProProfs is undoubtedly the best choice.
The text editor of ProProfs looks like Microsoft Word, and you will get numerous editing tools for styling and formatting. The software is straightforward to use and plays well with powerful tools like Zendesk, Freshdesk, and other Zendesk alternatives. The convenience and flexibility give a boost to small firms as well as large enterprises.
Features of ProProfs
- Automated Routing
- Email Management
- IP Whitelisting
- Interaction Tracking
- Knowledge Management
- Live Chat
- Macros/Templated Responses
- Real-time Chat
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Management
- Support Ticketing
- Ticket Management
|Pros of ProProfs||Cons of ProProfs|
Pricing of ProProfs
Essential: $0.30 Page/month
Premium: $0.50 Page/month
This was the list, guys. Here, we are trying to cover almost every best Knowledge Base Software. Each of these knowledge management is well trusted, useful, and proved themselves worth using by millions of companies.
Which one did you use or decide to use after reading this article? Let me know in the comment sections below. Also, share your user experiences after using them too. Till then, enjoy the article.