Do you use heatmap software to track user behavior on your website?
If not! It’s time to get the ball rolling by using heatmap software for a better digital experience!
A heatmap software analyzes the visitor journey on your website. For example, you can analyze their scrolls, mouse clicks, page views, etc., to understand whether they are comfortable navigating your website or making a purchase.
Also, you can easily understand your website challenges like a faulty menu or lengthy forms, thereby rectifying the issue at the earliest.
This blog guides you with the criteria to select a heatmap software. We shall also understand the features of the best heatmap software available in the market that can best suit your business.
Best Heat Mapping Software Compared
Startups, UX Professionals, Digital Marketers, Product Managers
Forever free plan with unlimited pageviews and 500 recordings/month
Starter plan: $29/month (annual plan)
Growth plan: $79/month (annual plan)
Business plan: $159/month (annual plan)
Pro plan: $299/month (annual plan)
Product Managers, Data Analysts, Digital Marketers, UX Designers, and Businesses of all sizes
Basic free plan with up to 35 daily sessions and 1050 recordings/month
Plus plan: $39/month
Business plan: $99/month
Scale plan: $389/month
Businesses of all sizes or Solopreneurs
7-day free trial
Free plan with 500 pageviews/month
Starter plan - $10/month
Small Business plan - $20/month
Medium plan - $50/month
Large plan - $100/month
Travel agencies, SaaS and e-commerce companies; small and medium-sized businesses
15-day free trial
Analyze plan - Rs.1200/month
Engage plan - Rs.1740/month
Optimize plan - Rs.2940/month
Product Designers and Marketers
30-day free trial
Basic plan - $24/month
Standard plan - $49/month
Plus plan - $99/month
Pro plan - $249/month
Enterprise plan - Custom pricing
Small Medium Businesses, Web design agencies, E-Commerce sites, B2B vendors, UX, CRO specialists, Marketers
10-day free trial
Free Basic plan with 1500 sessions/month
Startup plan - $39/month
Business plan - $95/month
Ultimate plan - Custom pricing
Digital Agencies, SaaS, E-Commerce, UX Designers
14-day free trial
Starter plan - $49.99/month
Small plan - $99.99/month
Medium plan - $199.99/month
Large plan - $339.99/month
What is Heatmap Software?
A heatmap software is a visualization tool that records the behavior of your website visitors. You get to know:
- The no of page views
- The top read blogs
- The time your visitor spends on a particular page
- Frequently clicked links and buttons
- Issues faced by your visitors in filling out a website form
There is various heatmap software available in the market that can help you track your user behavior.
Let’s first understand the basic criteria to select these heatmap tools.
What are the Criteria to Select a Heatmap Software?
While selecting the best heatmap software, ensure a robust real-time monitoring feature, easy-to-navigate user interface, good feedback functionality, and affordable pricing plan.
The real-time monitoring feature gives you an idea of how visitors interact with your websites on a real-time basis. For example, you get to see their mouse clicks, page scrolling, and page resizing behavior to understand their likes and dislikes.
A heatmap tool with a good user interface comprises customizable dashboards, tracking and filtering visitor data, and visitor session recording options.
Some heat mapping tools allow you to collect your visitor feedback via forms, surveys, polls, or live chat. This feature helps understand your customer satisfaction levels, i.e., are they happy with using your services or are they looking for more innovations.
With device compatibility, you need to understand if your heatmap software works well on different devices like mobile, desktop, and tablets. Else, due to incompatibility, some pages will not be visible on the devices, leading to poor performance and insights.
Ideally, go for a free heatmap analytics tool with a considerable amount of trial period and affordable pricing. Also, the pricing varies based on no: heatmaps or visitor sessions/month.
Types of Heatmap Software
There are various types of heat mapping tools based on different actions (click, scroll, page movements) of visitors on your websites.
Click maps identify how visitors click on different elements of a website. You can understand why a conversion occurs or doesn’t happen on your website. For example, a form field error could stop your visitors from submitting a form. Click maps identify this problem, and you can make necessary technical changes to your form.
Scroll maps indicate how much of your website page your visitor sees in detail. If they find a few details important, they may scroll slowly down the page. But, if they don’t find any helpful information, they may skim through the content.
Movement heatmaps show the attention span of the users. Users tend to hold the mouse for a long time on areas that focus on long, like the information in large bold letters, a link, or visual imagery. Hence, you get a clear idea of usable information on your website with this movement information.
Top 7 Heatmap Software for Your Business
Based on our research, we recommend the top 7 heatmap tools for your business. You can customize the dashboard and visitor reports based on your business requirements.
Let’s understand these heatmap tools in detail.
Mouseflow is one of the top heatmap tools available in the market. This heatmap software gives you a clear idea of why your potential website leads do not convert into customers.
- In addition to real-time heatmaps, you also get the session replays of your visitors’ behaviour on your website.
- You can track the entire customer journey by setting conversion goals.
- It is easy to connect Mouseflow to various third-party apps like WordPress, Shopify, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
Best feature: Customer conversion tracking to increase sales prospects
- Forever free plan with unlimited pageviews and 500 recordings/month
- Starter plan: $29/month (annual plan)
- Growth plan: $79/month (annual plan)
- Business plan: $159/month (annual plan)
- Pro plan: $299/month (annual plan)
Hotjar is another top heatmap software that helps you visualize visitor behavior on your website. Apart from recording the mouse clicks and scrolls, you can also set up trigger events to understand when a user submits a form or visits a particular page.
- Easy to customize dashboard
- Collect visitor feedback with survey templates
- Compare user behavior on different devices like mobile and desktop.
- Integrate with popular third-party applications like Hubspot, Slack, Zapier, etc.
Best feature: Scroll maps to understand why users stop scrolling on your website
- Basic free plan with up to 35 daily sessions and 1050 recordings/month
- Plus plan: $39/month
- Business plan: $99/month
- Scale plan: $389/month
Lucky Orange heatmap software has capabilities like session recordings, dynamic heatmaps, conversion funnel, live chat, etc. You can also understand the visitor profile by tracking their location, language, and mobile data.
- The live view helps you follow a visitor’s browser in real-time.
- Dynamic heatmap gives you an overview of your website’s parts that drive higher engagement.
- The live chat feature allows you to help a website visitor with product information or purchase.
- Build a customizable survey with your brand colours and logo.
- Use the announcements feature to make visitors aware of your product offerings.
Best feature: Live chat feature to provide real-time support to website visitors.
- 7-day free trial
- Free plan with 500 pageviews/month
- Starter plan - $10/month
- Small Business plan - $20/month
- Medium plan - $50/month
- Large plan - $100/month
With the Zoho PageSense heatmap tool, you can ensure an increased website conversion with goal setting, funnel analysis, session recording, heatmaps, and personalization features.
- Easy to set goals to track the performance of website elements like button clicks, menu dropdowns, website purchases, etc.
- Funnel analysis lets you see the various page visits on your website.
- With heatmaps, understand what grabs the audience’s attention: website image, content, or layout.
- Get form metrics to understand how visitors fill out forms on your website: fields that are easy and difficult to fill out.
Best feature: Cost-effective pricing for small businesses
- 15-day free trial
- Analyze plan - Rs.1200/month
- Engage plan - Rs.1740/month
- Optimize plan - Rs.2940/month
Crazy Egg’s heatmap software has interesting features like A/B testing of website elements, scroll maps, click records, and website session recordings. You can easily integrate this heatmap tool with CMS (content management systems) like Wix, WordPress, and Shopify.
- Use heatmaps to see how your email campaign visitors behave on your site.
- Monitor what goes on behind popup screens or login forms.
- Easy to set up UI and dashboard.
- Ensure audience segmentation into mobile users, new users, or most active users.
Best feature: A/B testing interface to see the results of goal conversions.
- 30-day free trial
- Basic plan - $24/month
- Standard plan - $49/month
- Plus plan - $99/month
- Pro plan - $249/month
- Enterprise plan - Custom pricing
Smartlook is a reliable heatmap software for small and medium-sized businesses. Using Smartlook, you can analyze the behavior of both your mobile and website visitors.
- Use over 30 advanced filters to understand the URL visited by your mobile/website users, their location, and devices.
- Create heatmaps to see new and returning visitors to your site, and share the heatmap data with your clients or customers.
- Understand why people drop out of a funnel. Also, create customer funnels from existing event URLs
- Use a customizable dashboard to see all the recordings, events, and statistics from a single place.
Best feature: Creation of 1-click retention table to track user engagement
- 10-day free trial
- Free Basic plan with 1500 sessions/month
- Startup plan - $39/month
- Business plan - $95/month
- Ultimate plan - Custom pricing
FigPii is another sought-after heatmap software online. Its advanced website conversion optimization features include A/B testing, polls, heatmaps, and session recordings.
- Machine-learning aided in-depth website improvement suggestions using visitor data.
- Use polls to collect visitor feedback on your products or certain website pages.
- You can generate heatmaps for a single page or group of pages.
- Use 16+ filters to watch visitor session replays and make specific changes to your website.
Best feature: Polling mechanism to collect live feedback from your site visitors.
- 14 day free trial
- Starter plan - $49.99/month
- Small plan - $99.99/month
- Medium plan - $199.99/month
- Large plan - $339.99/month
Final Thoughts: Select the Best Heat Mapping Software for Your Business
Choosing the best heatmap software is the first step in optimizing your website to boost conversions. You can opt for a free trial of any of the tools mentioned above before choosing a paid version. Select a tool with significant features like a customizable dashboard, heatmaps and scroll maps, feedback mechanisms like polls or live-chat, and affordable pricing.
What is a heatmap tool?
A heatmap tool helps you track how website visitors interact with your site. You get a clear picture of how they click on different menus, links, or switch between pages. You can optimize your website and boost traffic to your site with the analytics data.
What criteria should you consider while selecting the best heatmap software?
The crucial factors that you should consider while selecting the best heatmap software are:
- User interface
- Real-time monitoring
- Feedback option
- Device Compatibility
- Affordable Pricing
Which is the best heatmap software for your business?
Based on our research, the following are the top heatmap tools for your business:
- Lucky Orange
- Zoho PageSense
- Crazy Egg