Calendars are extremely getting used to with our daily life work, and we often depend on paper made calendars. It's so obvious. But when it comes to hosting events, be it conferences, meetings, or any form of gathering for a Joomla based business owner like us, the Joomla Calendar extension is a must needed things.
Well, numerous plugins come with their own unique features, but still, not all Joomla calendar extensions are made equally. There There are over 160 extensions listed in the "Calendars & Events" directory, and many of them have some unnecessary functionality that you may need not to use.
Since calendars are so important for staying productive, that's why we want to figure out the best Joomla calendar module for your individual needs. This article contains 5 best Joomla Calendar Extension to create a calendar in Joomla.
Let's see who are in the list,
Spider Calendar is one of the best Joomla calendar extensions available in Joomla extension directory by the Web-Dorado team. It is a highly responsive and configurable Joomla calendar of events extension to have multiple organized events in a calendar.
Spider Calendar is the best solution with organizing your events and displaying them in a calendar format. It is able to show all events, display them in a module position as a beautiful and customizable calendar on your website with extraordinary very user experience.
- Options for setting the height and width of the calendar.
- Can be used as a component and as a module as well.
- Support for color scheme modification.
- Standard calendar themes.
- Create as many calendars as you need.
- Create events for each calendar separately.
- Change arrow color and background color.
- Show multiple calendars in a single page.
iCagenda is an easy-to-use, nicely designed, and user-friendly Joomla calendar extension with a Joomla calendar module by Jooml!C. It is a clean and integrated Joomla style with an impressive frontend display of Joomla calendar of events.
iCagenda comes with a responsive and flexible design, and it is available in more than 40 languages. You will get an in-build theme pack installer inside iCagenda with two different versions; Free and Premium version. iCagenda Free version includes component iCagenda, library iC Library, module iC calendar, and many more plug-in related features.
- Period events with start and end date and selection of weekdays.
- Contact information.
- Frontend Search Filters
- Frontend submission form.
- Registration to events with options.
- Feature Icons : create an icon for a specific characteristic.
- Front-end buttons: Print and Add to Calendar.
- Back-end Advanced ACL Access Permissions.
JEvent is a well known free joomla calendar component by Geraint Edwards. Although it is mainly a Joomla event extension, the developer dedicatedly concentrates on their calendar extension also. JEvents provides a full event and calendar solution for your Joomla!
However, you can show your event as a visual monthly calendar view, create intricate repeat patterns, and import/export your events with a couple of clicks. JEvents calendar can be translated into more than 40 languages; also, you can import and export calendars easily.
- Enlist and arrange multiple events using JEvents built-in calendars.
- Support Joomla MVC framework.
- Multiple categories available.
- Available both free and pro versions.
- Uses Joomla update system.
DPCalendar is a super fast and accessible native Joomla calendar extension by the Digital Peak team. It has all the Joomla features that any online Joomla calendar and event manager should have with Google calendar integration. This is the main selling point for DPCalendar over the alternatives.
Features like ajax powered event browsing or manipulation, drag-drop, nested calendars, front end editing, CalDAV, and ACL support gives DPCalendar much more value. DPCalendar integrates seamlessly with other calendar systems like Google Calendar, Facebook Events, MS Exchange, or iCloud without manual syncing.
- Nested calendars.
- Ajax powered calendar with a smooth design.
- Super-fast with a small CSS footprint.
- Full responsiveness of all views.
- Template and layout overrides support.
- Google and OpenStreetMap map integration.
- CalDAV access to the calendars.
- Every user can have it's own calendars.
Noboss Calendar is a simple and easy customizable Joomla calendar module by No Boss Technology. A lot of ready-made layout models are waiting for you. Just Start by choosing one ready to use layout model and customize as your own way of interest.
With quickstart, facility Install Noboss Calendar and set up your Joomla Calendar in less than 5 minutes. Also, import events via an excel sheet, integrate Google calendar and translate it into 'Dutch,' 'Spanish,' 'Frances,' and 'Polish' languages. Noboss Calendar comes with Infinite possibilities with regular updates and support.
- Multiple models.
- Event information.
- Category wise filter.
- Easy quickstart.
- Unlimited items with responsivity.
- Infinite possibilities.
- Constant updates.
- Best performance with high security.
- SEO and accessibility.
- Qualified support.
This was the list guys. Hopefully, the above list will help you to choose the best Joomla calendar extensions while creating a calendar in Joomla or choose a calendar extension for events scheduling. And don't forget to share your opinion and preferred Joomla calendar extension in the comment section below.