How to Use AI-Based Image Generation and Editing Tools to Create Eye-Catching Social Media Graphics
Social media has become an essential tool for businesses in all niches as it provides a great opportunity to drive traffic to your website. The more people engage with your posts, the more likely you are to attract new followers, and a killer graphic can help you achieve that.
Don't just take my word for it. According to one study, social media posts with images generate 650% more engagement than text-only posts. So, it's not only important, it's essential!
Nowadays, from ChatGPTT to social media text generation, AI has made everything more efficient and futuristic. Now, you can create eye-catching graphics using AI-based image generation and editing tools that simplify your design process.
In this article, we'll discuss the importance of eye-catching social media graphics and how AI-based image generation and editing tools can help you create stunning visuals that will keep your followers enthralled and engaged.
Let's dig in then.
What is an AI-Based Image Generation Tool?
AI-based image generation tools are software that uses AI to create images from user text inputs, usually within seconds. These images can be generated in a variety of styles based on the capabilities of the software, including 3D, 2D, modern, Renaissance, cinematic, and more.
These tools can help with productivity by creating stunning visuals in seconds without having to learn complex editing software. They can be used for various beneficial purposes such as generating inspiration for creative projects, visualizing ideas, exploring different scenarios or concepts, or simply for fun with the AI.
Benefits of using AI-based tools for graphic design
If you're tired of slaving away on Photoshop for hours just to create a single image, it might be time to consider using AI-based tools for graphic design. Not only can they save you time and energy, but they also offer a range of benefits that make them worth checking out.
Here are some of the benefits of using AI-based tools for graphic design:
- Faster design process: With AI-based tools, you can create stunning graphics in just a matter of seconds. No more spending hours trying to come up with the perfect design, only to end up frustrated and exhausted.
- Increased productivity: Since AI-based tools handle the heavy lifting of design work, you can focus on other aspects of your business, like marketing or customer engagement. You'll get more done in less time, which means more time to relax and have fun!
- Cost-effective: Hiring a professional graphic designer can be expensive. With AI-based tools, you can create high-quality designs without breaking the bank. Save your hard-earned money for more important things, like pizza and ice cream!
- Consistent quality: AI-based tools ensure consistent quality in your designs. No more worrying about creating something that looks great on one platform but terrible on another. Your designs will be consistently amazing across all platforms.
- Customization: Many can Image Generation tools, allow you to create designs that are unique to your brand. You can choose from a variety of styles, colors, and templates to create a design that truly represents your brand.
Read More: The Ultimate Guide to Improving Video Quality with AI Video Upscaling
How does an AI image generator work?
AI image generation, also known as Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), works by using deep learning algorithms to generate new images that are similar to real images. The generator network creates new images by taking random input data, such as noise or text descriptions, and translating it into a new image.
The training process involves repeatedly feeding the generator network random input data and evaluating the output with the discriminator network. Once the generator network is trained, it can be used to create new images by inputting new random data. The output of the generator network can then be refined using post-processing techniques to create high-quality images that meet specific design requirements.
Cosmopolitan magazine has recently unveiled its latest issue's cover, which was entirely created using an AI-based image generator called DALL-E 2. They provided the generator with a prompt that described a scene of a female astronaut with an athletic body walking confidently on Mars in an infinite universe, with a synthwave style and digital art.
This prompt resulted in the image that is now being used as the official cover.
What is a prompt?
The prompt is the user's input text that is entered into the machine to generate an image. Here are a few examples of prompts:
- An image of a football team celebrating their victory in the Champions League, inspired by Roger Dean's style with a retro touch.
- A painting of a chair sculpted from stone in the style of Pablo Picasso's artwork.
- A detailed, high-quality 4k image of a superhero.
How AI-based Image Generation Tools can be used to generate new images and create engaging content?
There are several AI-based image-generation tools available in 2023. DALL-E 2 by OpenAI has been considered the best overall AI art generator due to its combination of accuracy, speed, and cost while Midjourney is popular for its stunning and thought-provoking images in its own unique style.
In the following section, we will show you how you can use Midjourney to generate new images and create engaging content for the first time.
How to start using Midjourney to generate new images
Step 1: Midjourney operates entirely on Discord, so having an account there is necessary. If you don't have one yet, you can sign up for free.
Step 2: Go to the Midjourney website and click on "Join the beta."
Step 3: Accept the Discord invitation to Midjourney by selecting "Continue to Discord."
Step 4: Open the Discord app and select the ship-like Midjourney icon on the left menu.
Step 5: In the Midjourney channels, locate the Newcomer rooms, which will have names like "newbies-43." Choose any of them to get started.
Step 6: You will have a limited number of prompt options available for free and with that, you can create approximately 25 free images. After that, you'll need to purchase a full membership to continue.
If you don't want to spend any money, it's a good idea to take some time to think about what kind of art you want to create on Midjourney.
If you need any help, you can type "/help" to see a list of tips.
Step 7: Type "/imagine" in the Discord chat for your newbies room to create a prompt field for the image description. The more precise and descriptive the description is, the better the AI will be able to produce high-quality results.
It's important to keep in mind the terms of conduct while describing the image. After finishing the description, hitting "Enter" sends the prompt.
Step 8: Midjourney will take some time to generate several versions of images based on your prompt. Once the images are ready, you can choose from the U and V buttons labeled 1 through 4 below the images.
Choosing U will upscale the image to a larger version while choosing V will create a new image based on the present image. There's also a refresh button available to request a new set of images.
Keep in mind that using these options will use up some of your available free prompts.
Step 9: Time to select the image you like and choose U to upscale it. You will then have additional options to make variations on the image, upscale it to the maximum before downloading, or select a light upscale redo if the image isn't quite what you wanted.
Step 10: If you plan to use Midjourney frequently, you can subscribe to it by typing "/subscribe" in any bot channel in Midjourney's Discord. This will create a link that you can follow to pay for a subscription.
Guide to writing prompts for Midjourney
Generally, users provide direct and unprocessed inputs to create expected and uniform image outputs. However, there are alternative techniques beyond plain inputs that can produce diverse image variations. Here are some methods and advanced settings that can be used to generate different images.
1. Style — keyword
If you choose a specific style for the AI image generation, adding relevant prompt keywords related to that style can generate various outputs. Here are some examples of keywords and subcategories based on different art forms, designs, artists, or genres that can be used as styles.
Using design/genre as style:
Panda as a Cyber Punk
Using artist name as style:
You can also specify the artist as your style output. Some samples of the same prompt are shown below
/imagine A horse galloping at sunset painting Picasso style
2. stylize the output
You can add the setting--s <some number>( denoting style )
The following images are from the same prompts — with low and high stylize options.
/imagine skyscrapers --s 600
/imagine skyscrapers --s 1000
3. chaos — Increase the abstraction
Take a number between 0 and 100 to enhance or decrease the subject's level of abstraction.
/imagine Burj Khalifa --chaos 20
/imagine Burj Khalifa --chaos 100
To determine the output resolution, you can use keywords such as 8K, 4K, photorealistic, ultra photorealistic, ultra detailed, intricate details, and so on.
You can also use the conventional parameters for reliable outputs, such as hd and quality / —q.
/imagine red rose flower --hd
/imagine red rose flower --quality 5
5. Aspect ratio
You can choose a square image with a 1:1 aspect ratio as the default output. You may also adjust the aspect ratio if you want a more cinematic look – or if you just want to construct a wallpaper for your laptop.
/imagine Jasmine in the wildflower --ar 2:1
If you want to specify a custom image size, use the following example
/imagine jasmine in the wild flower --w 600 --h 300
6. Image as a prompt
If you want to get some outputs similar to an image style, use the following example
/imagine https://www.imgur.com/Im3424.jpg box full of chocolates
7. Filtering out words from your image
Use the “--no” keyword to discard any unwanted subjects popping in your output
/imagine KFC fried chicken --no sauce
8. Finally, some interesting keywords you can try to use
* Sony Alpha α7, ISO1900, Leica M, = to specify any lens type or camera type
* photorealistic , ultra photoreal , ultra detailed, intricate details, = to specify some possible details and a realistic look and less of artistic
* unreal = to specify an unreal engine feel
* volumetric light , cinematic lighting = to specify some lighting conditions
AI Image Editing Tools for colorization, restoration, and enhancement
- Colorization: AI image editing tools can be used to add color to old black-and-white photographs. For example, the tool can be used to automatically colorize a portrait of a historical figure, bringing them to life in a way that was previously impossible. One popular tool for this is the "Colorize" feature in Adobe Photoshop, which uses AI to add color to black and white photos.
- Restoration: AI image editing tools can be used to restore old or damaged photographs. For example, the tool can be used to remove scratches, stains, and other imperfections from an old photo. One popular tool for this is the "Restore" feature in the software Topaz Labs DeNoise AI, which uses AI to remove noise and other imperfections from images.
- Enhancement: AI image editing tools can be used to enhance the quality of an image. For example, the tool can be used to improve the sharpness and clarity of a photograph. One popular tool for this is the "Sharpen" feature in Adobe Photoshop, which uses AI to sharpen images and bring out details that were previously hard to see.
Tips for Using AI-Based Image Generation and Editing Tools
- Start with high-quality input: Before you even begin using your AI-based image editing tool, it's important to have high-quality input. This means starting with high-resolution images that are sharp and clear. If your input is poor quality, the output won't be any better.
- Experiment with different styles: One of the best things about AI-based image editing tools is that they can produce images in a variety of different styles. So, take advantage of this and experiment with different styles until you find one that works for you.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes: With any new tool or software, there is always a learning curve. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and try new things. It's all part of the process.
- Learn the shortcuts: Most AI-based image editing tools have shortcuts that can help you work faster and more efficiently. Take the time to learn these shortcuts and you'll be editing images like a pro in no time.
- Keep it simple: When using AI-based image editing tools, it's easy to get carried away with all the options and features. But sometimes, keeping it simple is the best approach. Stick to the basics and use only the tools you need to get the job done.
- Stay organized: As you edit more and more images with your AI-based image editing tool, it's important to stay organized. Use folders and tags to keep your images and projects organized and easily accessible.
- Have fun: Last but not least, have fun! AI-based image editing tools are meant to make your life easier and more enjoyable. So, enjoy the process and have fun creating amazing images with your new tool.
Social media graphics are your brand's visual representation and can make or break your online presence. So, if you want to make a lasting impression on your audience and increase engagement, invest in creating graphics that are both aesthetically pleasing and convey your brand's message.
And to do so AI-based image-generation tools are the ultimate weapon. AI-based image generation and editing tools have revolutionized the way we create visual content for social media. These tools have made it easier and faster to generate stunning graphics, even if you don't have prior design experience.
So why not give these tools a try and see how they can transform your social media game? With a little bit of creativity and the help of AI, the possibilities are endless.