Are you curious about finding new ways of making your blog even more relevant in 2020? If yes, you are in the right place as the blogging sphere is getting increasingly competitive. With thousands of authors in every niche, even the best-performing bloggers are finding it difficult to stay on top of the game in the long run.
But there are still many strategies and tactics you can use to make your content creation efforts more impactful. All you need to do is to be patient and keep learning. Our goal is to help you in the process, so keep reading to see seven ways of making your blog highly relevant in 2020 and beyond.
Write for Readers and Not for Search Engines
As a blogger, you probably understand how difficult it is to rank high on search engines. The task becomes even more exhausting if you know that digital readers rarely go past the first page of search results.
But it doesn't mean you ought to write for search engines.
On the contrary, you have to focus on readers instead of thinking about keywords. Here's how Google explains it in its Webmaster Central Blog: "We suggest focusing on ensuring you're offering the best content you can. That's what our algorithms seek to reward."
To put it simply, this means that content creators are expected to deliver high-quality posts that add value to the overall user experience. You have to figure out what your target group wants to read and craft content that perfectly corresponds to their needs.
Keywords remain very important, though. For example, if you are writing about the best UK essay writing service, make sure to insert alternative phrases such as UK essay help and essay writing service. The only thing that matters is to avoid keyword-stuffing and plan the entire piece around your average readers.
Optimize the Blog to Make it Look Professional and Trustworthy
The next thing you should do is to optimize the blog in a way that makes it look professional and trustworthy. One of your main goals is to build authority, so you better improve the blog using a variety of small tricks. Here are the most important details:
- Author bio: Write a brief biography to explain what makes you a credible and trustworthy opinion leader. Showcase your experiences as well as your values and motives.
- Image: Let a nice profile image follow the author's bio section. Make it suit the style of your blog, so choose a photo that reveals your personality.
- Logo: Try to turn blogging into a full-time business. One of the first signs of professionalism is having a unique logo that welcomes visitors upon landing on your pages.
- Color scheme: You should also mind the color scheme of your website. Although it seems irrelevant, each color has a unique set of meanings and connotations. For instance, a passionate author can use stronger colors such as red or yellow because they scream energy and enthusiasm.
- Blog description: Of course, you must write a great blog description to get the audience acquainted with your content goals.
Make the Website User-Friendly
Blog optimization goes on. Now that you've covered the basics, it is time to make the entire website user-friendly. It's a critical feature because modern users expect every site to be fully functional and easy to handle. In such circumstances, your job is to do the following:
- Simplify website navigation: Do you enjoy exploring complex websites? We bet you don't! The same logic applies to your blog readers, so make sure to simplify website navigation by reducing the number of categories.
- Add a search bar: You also need to let users look for specific posts easily, which is what makes search bar a critical component of every blogging site.
- Mind the mobile-friendliness: The vast majority of online traffic comes from smartphone devices. This proves the importance of mobile-friendliness and forces bloggers to test responsiveness using free tools.
- Increase page load speed: Another thing you should worry about is page load speed. The average visitor wants a page to load almost instantly, so it's up to you to test the site and find ways to make it faster.
Keep your Efforts Consistent
We've come to the strategy that can make or break your blogging hopes. Namely, even the most talented bloggers are going to fail if they don't invest enough time in planning, scheduling, and publishing.
Consistency is the keyword here.
Keep in mind that blogging is a 24/7 business that demands full dedication 365 days a year. Therefore, your job is to ensure the highest level of consistency to keep readers on the edge of their seat long-term. You can do it with all sorts of tactics.
First of all, create a work plan. Schedule your activities and choose a lot of interesting topics that you know will grab the audience's attention. Try to find a regular rhythm of work by publishing fresh articles every week or every day if possible. That way, you will build the feeling of anticipation among readers as they will be expecting your new posts.
Secondly, you should engage in online communication every day. Try to follow the users' comments and answer their questions promptly. It will help you to strengthen relationships and turn readers into loyal followers.
Optimize Your Content for Voice Searches
Voice searches are gradually becoming a big deal in the Internet realm. With so many personal assistants such as Siri or Cortana, many users find it easier to conduct voice-based operations than to type in their inquiries.
According to the report, 30% of all searches will be done without a screen by 2020, which is exactly why you can spend some time thinking about voice optimization.
Jake Gardner, one of the best essay writers who crafted the top resume reviews, believes there's a very simple solution to the problem: "All it takes is to write posts that answer the basic 5W+H questions: Who does what, where, when, why, and how? It turns out that voice-based searches almost always begin with one of these questions, so you can boost ranking simply by answering all of them in each of your articles."
Augment the Content with Fresh Formats
Another thing you can do is augment your content with fresh formats. Only the best authors can afford to publish text posts exclusively, but even they are looking for new ways to enrich posts. You should do the same thing using some of the following formats:
- Images and illustrations
- GIFs and memes
- Videos and animations
- Charts and tables
- Audio podcasts
- Live to stream
- Online surveys and quizzes
You don't have to use all these features all the time, but do your best to mix things up every once in a while. It will make your blog more attractive and help you boost website traffic rather quickly.
Don't Forget to Promote the Blog
The last tip on our list is quite simple – promote your blog on various communication platforms. Luckily enough, you can find tons of communication channels these days.
One of the most popular ways to promote new posts is to do it through social networks. Besides publishing fresh content on your social accounts, you can add social sharing icons to the website. At the same time, you should gradually grow your emailing list and keep the audience informed about the latest releases via periodical newsletters.
There are also options such as guest posting, influencer marketing, display advertising, and many others, so spend some time exploring them and use the channel that can make your blog more popular.
Up to You!
Running a successful blog in 2020 is everything but easy, but the job is getting easier if you utilize state of the art content creation tactics and cutting-edge website optimization techniques. In this post, we discussed seven ways of keeping your blog relevant. Remember our suggestions and do your best to use them – it will make your blog more competitive in the long run!