Icon List element will allow you to set icons in the content. You can use this element to provide content relative icons so that visitors can get an idea of what type content is listed.
To add this element in a section, follow these steps.
- Select Add New Element from column
- An elements list modal will open
- From there select Icon List element
A popup will appear showing three tabs - General, Styles ,& Advanced. These tabs will help you to modify the icons in your own way. You can add new fields, change the color, set the way of layout etc. The details are given below.
The general tab holds the basic setting of Icon List element. You’ll find the following editing options here.
- Fields Group - Fields group holds icon related settings.
A few fields are given to show how other additional icon settings will look like.
You can duplicate an existed field using this square icon.
You can delete an unnecessary field by clicking the basket icon.
You can add a new field under existing field using this red + plus button.
You’ll find a few settings of each field inside the fields group. These settings are described below.
- Title - A title option to keep track which icons you’ve inserted and will be inserting later. This will not appear in the frontend side meaning your viewer will not see the title. It’s for your own record.
- Link - Link field will help you to insert the link in this field. You can set your sites twitter page link or facebook page link through it.
- Icon - Icon field will allow you to set the icon of the field. There are thousands of icons provided in the icon list. Search the one you’re looking for and insert it by double clicking on the image. You can set individual icons for
- Size - You can control the size of the icon. Just scroll the slider and set the size. Or just provide a digit value for it in the value box situated right next to the slider.
- Color - A few color picker is provided for different operations. You’ll find color setting options for icons, content, and background.
- Layout - In the layout field there are two options provided- list and inline. List will show the icons in the form of list. And inline will show the icons in a single line.
- Position - Position will set the positions of icons. You can display the icons in the left side, center or right side of the column.
- Styles tab will help you style up the element. Here you’ll find four editing fields: Typography, Spacing, Border & Color. The editing options are provided according to each field.
- Font - Font option will help you to change the font of text. There are thousands of google font provided in a dropdown option. You can go for any of them.
- Weight- You can select the weight of specific fonts from the provided field. The higher the number of font weight you set, the bold your text will look.
- Size - You can control the size of both text and shape. Just scroll the slider and set the size. Or just provide a digit value for it in the value box situated right next to the slider.
- Transform- This field will help you to change the capitalize of the text. All you need to do is to select from the dropdown option.
- Style- This field will allow you to set the font style. You can set normal, italic or oblique.
- Decoration- You can decorate the text by selecting overline, underline or strikethrough.
- Line Height - Line height option will help you to set the height of each and every line. This will insert space between the lines.
- Letter Spacing -Letter spacing option will help you to set space between each and every letter. This will help you to avoid the collision between the letters.
- Text Shadow - Text shadow effect will help you to add a shadow under the digit or text to give a 3D look. You can even blur the effect to show your text clearly.
- Item Spacing - With this slide bar you can control the space between the icons. You can add a huge gap you want or just keep it as it is.
- Item Padding - Item padding will help you to insert space within the border of individual icon. You can create a gap between icon and its border.
- Text Indent - This field will help you to add space between icon and content. You can add space using the scroll bar or inserting digits in the input field.
- Border Width - Set the width of border. You can set a fine thin line or just a fat line. It’s your choice.
- Border Type - Border type will allow you to choose what type of border you want for icons. There are few options available - solid, double, dotted and dashed.
- Border Radius - There is a border radius available. You can control the radius of border by it. If you want a round shaped border then set the value of border radius more than 50.
The advanced tab has the advanced level of settings. You can edit them if you find it necessary or just leave it just the way it is. Here you’ll find six fields : Element styles, Background, Border & Box Shadow, Animation, Custom CSS, and Identifier. These fields are described below in details.
- Element style - Here you’ll find the margin, padding and z-index option. Margin will help you to add space in accordance with page. Padding will help you to add space in accordance with the column. Z-index will work if you have 2 elements overlapping and you want to display the below element on top. Increment the z-index value and the below element will appear on top.
- Background - Background field will allow you to set a background in the column. You can set an image, a solid color or gradient effect of multiple colors.
- Border & Box Shadow - You can give a nice designed border and box shadow to your column. Set a border type, border radius if you want a bit of round shape in the corner. And box shadow effect will give your column a floating effect. You can set color to it, spread the color or add blur it.
- Animation - Animation field will allow you to add a transition effect to the element. Select the entrance animation from the given effects, set the delay time and enable the repeat option (this is optional).
- Custom CSS - This field is available only on PRO version If you are a developer then you can add CSS code of your own to the site by using this operation. Just write the code and click the apply button. You’re CSS code will be added to the content and it won't affect the existing css effect..
- Identifier - This field holds the CSS id of every specific content. This will help you to edit the CSS section if you want to bring any changes in css style.