Among the 30 element, Accordion is one. It is used to display text in a collapsed, condensed manner, letting you save space while still presenting an abundance of content. It's more like tab element but tab is used for small contents and you can use accordion for elaborate contents.
To use this element, follow these steps.
- Select Add New Element from column
- An elements list modal will open
- From there select Accordion element
Here you’ll find three tabs - General, Styles, & Advanced.These tabs will help you to modify the element in your own way. You can add images, edit settings, apply animations etc. The details are given below.
The general tab holds the basic settings of accordion element. You can do the following changes here:
- Fields Group - Fields group holds various form fields. A few fields are given in fields group. You can duplicate an existed field using this square icon. You can delete an unnecessary field by clicking this basket icon. You can add a new field under existing field using this red + plus button. You’ll find a few of each field of settings given below.
- Title- Write the heading text in this field. This heading will represent the whole content in one sentence giving the visitor the idea of the whole content.
- Description- You need to insert the displaying text in this field. You can also modify them a little bit. You can style the text using bold, italic format, yellow highlighter and many other things like using tables, text alignment, use order list etc.
- Tab Icon - If you want, you set an individual icon to each and every accordion tab. These icons will represent the symbol of the content. You can even set same icon in every accordion using Icon field.
- Size - You can control the size of icon. Just scroll the slider and set the size. Or just provide a digit value for it in the value box situated right next to the slider.
- Color - A few color picker is provided for different operations. You’ll find color setting options for icon, text, and background.
- Behavior - Behavior field will allow you to control the behavior of accordion. You can enable and disable of opening of multiple Items and closing of all items.
Styles tab will help you to style up the accordion element. Here you’ll find four editing fields - Items, Title, Content, and Icon. The editing options are described in details below.
- Margin - Margin allows you to add space to the content in accordance of whole page. You can add space if you find it necessary.
- Border Type- There is a border option for image. You can set borders for images as there are 4 types available - solid, double, dotted, and dashed.
- Border Radius- Border radius gives the corners of a border a round shape. If you want you can make the sharp corners a smooth
- Box Shadow - A box shadow effect will give your column a floating effect. You can set color to it, spread the color or add blur it.
- Font - Font option will help you to change the font of text. There are thousands of google font provided in a dropdown option. You can go for any of them.
- Weight- You can select the weight of specific fonts from the provided field. The higher the number of font weight you set, the bold your text will look.
- Size - You can control the size of both text and shape. Just scroll the slider and set the size. Or just provide a digit value for it in the value box situated right next to the slider.
- Transform- This field will help you to change the capitalize of the text. All you need to do is to select from the dropdown option.
- Style- This field will allow you to set the font style. You can set normal, italic or oblique.
- Decoration- You can decorate the text by selecting overline, underline or strikethrough.
- Line Height - Line height option will help you to set the height of each and every line. This will insert space between the lines.
- Letter Spacing -Letter spacing option will help you to set space between each and every letter. This will help you to avoid the collision between the letters.
- Text Shadow - Text shadow effect will help you to add a shadow under the digit or text to give a 3D look. You can even blur the effect to show your text clearly.
- Title Padding- Padding allows you set space between the contents inside the column. If you find it necessary, you can use it.
- Alignment - You can set the alignment of the icon using this field. You can set the icon either left or right of the content.
- Spacing - Spacing option will help you to add space between icon and content. This will help you to avoid the collision between the icons and contents.
The advanced tab has the advanced level of settings. You can edit them if you find it necessary or just leave it just the way it is. Here you’ll find six fields : Element styles, Background, Border & Box Shadow, Animation, Custom CSS, and Identifier. These fields are described below in details.
- Element style - Here you’ll find the margin, padding and z-index option. Margin will help you to add space in accordance with page. Padding will help you to add space in accordance with the column. Z-index will work if you have 2 elements overlapping and you want to display the below element on top. Increment the z-index value and the below element will appear on top.
- Background - Background field will allow you to set a background in the column. You can set an image, a solid color or gradient effect of multiple colors.
- Border & Box Shadow - You can give a nice designed border and box shadow to your column. Set a border type, border radius if you want a bit of round shape in the corner. And box shadow effect will give your column a floating effect. You can set color to it, spread the color or add blur it.
- Animation - Animation field will allow you to add a transition effect to the element. Select the entrance animation from the given effects, set the delay time and enable the repeat option (this is optional).
- Custom CSS - This field is available only on PRO version If you are a developer then you can add CSS code of your own to the site by using this operation. Just write the code and click the apply button. You’re CSS code will be added to the content and it won't affect the existing css effect..
- Identifier - This field holds the CSS id of every specific content. This will help you to edit the CSS section if you want to bring any changes in css style.