Firefly is the most advanced yet easy-to-use Joomla templates ever created. With our next generation pagebuilder, you can create responsive first website in minutes. Firefly could be the solid ground for your next website.
- Fully Responsive
- Parallax Background Animation
- Fast Loading
- SEO Optimized by Quix's enhanced SEO
- Dynamic Navigation Menu
- Video Background Feature
- Off-Screen Background
- Smooth Collapsing Transaction
- Quick Social Sharing
- Multiple Social Commenting
- Built with T3 Framework
- Quix page builder
- Specific Product Landing Page
- Full Features Blog
- RTL Support
In order to run Firefly run smoothly on your server, you need to full-fill this requirements listed below :
- Joomla: 3.6.x
- Server : PHP 5.6+
Head over to our download page and click Explore button of template you want to download. You will see several files listed there. Read section below to understand which file to dowload.
There are 2 ways you can install Firefly template. Both are pretty simple and straight forward.
- Install QuickStart package.
- Install Everything Manually with recommended extensions.
Install QuickStart Package
QuickStart is a complete Joomla pre-packaged with all required extensions, settings, images, content as well as default template configurations.
If you are starting from scratch, we recommend you to download Quickstart package and install it. This is the most simplest way to get started.
Please follow step by step process from the video:
If you already have an existing Joomla site and want to applly firefly template, you have to install the following packages listed bellow:
- T3 Framework plugin
- Quix Page Builder
- Firefly Template
- And few other extensions you will find under required_extensions.zip file.
All of above extensions are very easy to install by following standard Joomla installation process. Simply, go to
Extensions > Manage > Install then upload respective extension's zip package and hit upload.
You can check our extensive installation tutorial to understand more.
You can differently customize template according to your need using Easy Customization feature.
Extensions > Templates >tx_firefly
It will open up Template Setting Screen.
Compile LESS to CSS
When site development is complete, you should compile LESS to CSS. This option will compile LESS files to CSS files. All your customization in LESS files will be compiled to corresponding CSS files.
By enabling this feature, you'll get the ThemeMagic customization panel, and with this, you can customize your theme. After customization, you should turn it off.
For better understanding, go through the video below:
- Enable Submenu : This option is to show or hide submenu of a parent menu. If a menu has no submenus, to enable this option, it allows you to add new submenu and add content to the submenu.
To add a submenu, click on the menu in which you want to add submenu.
You can only add a submenu for a menu that has no child menus.
Add New Column/ Row : You can add new columns or rows for a selected Column/ Row.
Group Submenu or not : You can group submenus of any menu item by selecting the menu item then enable option "Group."
Assign any module for new created Row/ Submenu : After adding new Row/ Submenu, you can display content from any module by assigning the module to the Row/ Submenu.
Move Menu Item : You can move a menu item to the next or previous column. This option will help you to divide menu items into columns.
- Resize submenu and column width : T3 allows you to change the size of a submenu. To do so, select the submenu then change its size in pixel. After changing the size of the submenu, you can change the size of a column. Just select the column and set the Width (max 12).
You can style for any level of Megamenu including Menu Items, Columns, Submenus by Adding a class to Extra Class field.
Using two files, you can add style for MegaMenu.
Add Icon for Menu Item : You can add class to define icon that you want to add to the menu item, or you can use classes of Bootstrap and Font Awesome.
- Bootstrap 3 icon list
Font Awesome 4 icon list
- Animation Settings : T3 supports four types of animation for Megamenu.
This feature is only available from version: 1.2.5
There are two fields configure the animation.
- Animation type and
Currently, T3 supports four animation types: Fading, Slide, Elastic, and Zoom.
- Small Screens Menu System : T3 supports two navigation systems for small screens. First one is the default Bootstrap navigation called Collapse navigation for small screens and The second one is the Off-canvas sidebar. Check out Off-canvas sidebar configuration documentation.
For better understanding, watch the video below:
To enable default Bootstrap navigation, in the Navigation tab, enable option Collapse navigation for small screens. After all that, the Front-end Appearance will be like below:
We highly recommend you to disable this option if you use Off-canvas sidebar for navigation in small screens.
The global settings are applied for all styles, themes, and layout, no matter the settings are changed in any styles.
- Development Mode : As this is an important option, you should get the differences between Enabling and Disabling the option clearly. You should enable this option while you are developing your site.
We recommend to use Chrome Developer Tool or Firebug when developing your site. These tools help you to find problem and solve them faster.
Once it's turned on, your site will directly run original files - LESS files. The LESS files are located in
Make sure to turn off development mode when your site goes live. It may decrease your site loading speed on production environment.
All compiled CSS files are located in
templates\tx_firefly\css. But we don't recommend you to customize your site with the CSS files in this folder as each time you compile LESS to CSS, the files will be overridden.
Legacy Compatible : By enabling this feature, some compatible Boostrape 2.0 as well as Font Awesome 3.0 style will be loaded.
- Responsive : Turn ON-OFF template responsiveness. By turning on, your site will be responsive according to the device screen size. If you turn the option OFF, you can set the screen size manually.
Build RTL CSS : This option allows you to fix the language appearance. Usually, some language like Arabic is to read from the right-hand side. If it is turned off, also those languages will appear from the left side and won't be understandable.
T3 Assets Folder : Defining the T3 Framework Asset Folder. It can be only done when the Development Mode or Optimize CSS is set to "YES".
- Show T3 Logo : Allows to enable or disable T3 Logo in footer.
- Optimization : In the case of Development mode is off, you are allowed to enable or disable option: Optimize CSS. This option will optimize and join CSS files. By this way, it will improve your site performance. When enabled, the optimized and joined CSS files will be located in the defined T3 Assets Folder folder. By default this folder is t3-assets.
For better understanding, watch the video below:
Theme : This option allows you to choose a preset style for the current theme. It affects and changes the whole user interface according to its previously set color as well as font for the particular section on the theme.
Logo : Type you can either select image logo style or text logo style.
Site Name : Specify the name of your site.
Slogan : Write a slogan for your site.
Logo Image : Using this option, you can select an image that you want to use as the logo for your site. If you choose Image Logo Type in the previous option, only then this setting will appear.
- Enable Small Logo : If this set on, a small version responsive logo will appear for the small screens. That logo image has to be selected from the following option; Small Logo Image
You can find this below option only when you enable the option; Small Logo Image
- Position & Responsive Configuration : Select a Layout configuration style.
- Layout structure : Assign the Module Position.
- Responsive layout configuration : Select responsive layout size. It can be Large, Medium, Small and Extra Small as well.
To know more about Layout Configuration, we reccomend you to watch the video below:
Menu : Select menu to configure megamenu.
The navigation settings are not global settings, so in each style, it may have difference navigations and in each style, you can display different menus as the main menu.
Dropdown Trigger : Define the style while mouse hovers on the menu items to fetch sub-menus.
Enable Megamenu : To enable Megamenu, First open Navigation tab. Then set Enable Megamenu "ON".
Megamenu > Enable Megamenu.
Animation : Defining animation for Megamenu.
Collapse navigation for small screens : Allows you to enable default collapse navigation for the main navigation menu for small screens.
Configuration Level : There are three levels of configuration that you are suppose to know;
- Submenu Setting
- Column Setting
- Menu Item Setting
Sub-megamenu Setting : This setting allows you to configure the width of the sub-megamenu, add the column, and add class that manage the style.
Column Setting : Here, you can Add column, remove column, set width of column and assign the module to column as well.
- Main Item Setting : In this configuration level, you can Enable or Disable Submenu, Whether a menu item displays sub-menus in a group or not, Move menu item to the right or left, Assign a module to a module menu item, Add icon for the menu item.
- Enable : Enabling or Disabling Off-canvas Sidebar. Assign a module position to Off-canvas sidebar. By default, Off-canvas will be assigned to off-canvas position. Add content to Off-canvas sidebar by creating modules then assign them to off-canvas position
Front-end Appearance will be like below:
To display menu in the off-canvas sidebar, create module menu then assign the menu to "off-canvas" position.
For better understanding, watch the video below:
Off-Canvas Effect : The effect used in Off-Canvas Sidebar menu. You can change the effect from this drop down menu.
- Use Off-canvas as Navigation in small screens : In case you want to display Off-canvas sidebar as navigation in small screens like a tablet or mobile, you have to disable Off-canvas sidebar in responsive layouts.
Front-end appearance will be look like below;
The tab includes settings that allows you to add scripts like Google Analytic, Live chat service to any position.
To add scripts, you have to open Custom Code tab then you can add scripts in four positions: Before Head, After Head, Before Body and After Body as well.
In front-page, you can see the source code to watch whether the scripts are added or not
- Show debug module position: You can Enable or Disable this option. By Enabling this option, you can add a module before closing