Today I'm pleased to present the Finnix template with Expose 4. Finnix is one of our best sealing template and we got a lot of request to update it to Expose 4. Due to the maximum request, we re-arranged our release list and Finnix is the first template we've upgraded to Expose 4 and written from scratch.
Thanks to our Expose joomla theme framework, it handled all backward compatibility issue and implementation of responsive madness!
Finnix completely ported to Expose 4 so everything is new behind the hood. In our previous announcement of Expose 4 release we mentioned all the new features and improvement we bring into it. Please have a look to the Changelog for full update details.
Joomla 3 Ready
Finnix is fully compatible with latest version of Joomla but we are distributing Joomla 2.5.x for all of our templates. You can easily upgrade to Joomla 3 by one click on Update Manager.
How to update?
We strongly recommend to take a backup of your site before follow the steps. Akeebabackup is the perfect tool to backup Joomla site.
1. If you've modified the template please copy all the files in your local PC.
2. If you used Custom Styling then please take a note of all the changes. After updating the template it will all reset.
3. Download the template from our Member download section. Finnix template is now bundled with Expose framework and system plugin so you have to just install the bundle and it will handle the rest.
4. We've replaced the slideshow with Xpert Slider so download it from Member download section and install it.
5. We've also updated the Xpert Scroller module, so please download it and install.
6. Module position name is bit changed on Expose 4. Sidebar-right is now sidebar-b, sidebar-left->sidebar-a, main-bottom-1/5->mainbottom-1/5, main-top-1/5->maintop-1/5. So please adjust position of your modules.
7. Expose 4 use the grid based layout so you need to adjust the grid size. We recommend to install Expert Explorer pack in your local machine to see all the changes.
We are giving SPECIAL 50% Discount to all our existing member who want our help to update there site. Please contact us using our Contact form and we'll give you a special discount code. Existing members feel free to create a support ticket in our Technical Department if you need any help to update your Finnix Template.