2014 Year In Review for ThemeXpert
2014 is been a great year for us. From remote team to physical office, single person to a enthusiastic team and many more. We attended many workshop, seminar, conference as mentor, speakers and organizer. 2014 was the turning year for our company and thought us many things.
Struggle and Learning
- Scaling our team from 3 to 11 was really challenging and required significants improvement to our on-boarding process, workflow, communication system. We tested a lots of tools and software to make thing easier and I'll share the details on another post.
- Finding right people for right job is the most tedious and challenging work for us.
- Communication is key and we still struggling to improve it. We've tried our best last year but I must admit we didn't reach our goal yet.
- We were unable to focus on data mining and customer interest point as it deserved.
- We worked on several internal projects but failed to public it due to resources and competence.
- We moved to our 1500sft office from remote working place.
- We created video courses on Joomla!
- We created Joomla! SEO Guide.
- We wrote 53 blog post and all are very rich in content.
- We rewrote our documentation and moved to github for collaboration.
- We allowed one developer to submit his template and that was really successful.
- We started selling single template.
- We created 2 free ghost themes.
- We worked on some Wordpress themes and they are yet to release.
- We worked on Digital Product selling component for Joomla and will release very soon.
- We started taking custom project in very limited scope and successfully delivered it.
- We have had our yearly adventure tour to Bandarban.
- We redesigned our website 4th time.
Plans for the new year
- We'll improve communication with clients and on-boarding process.
- Expose Framework will be re-written from scratch.
- We'll release our projects that we've failed to release last year.
- We'll focus on quality and user experience over quantity.
A big thank you
Without you we are nothing and from my bottom of heart I'd like to thank you for being with us and trust us. 2015 is a exciting year for us and we hope to deliver some awesome product this year.